Listed on the National Register of Historic Places ~ 1975
The Lockport Cave & Underground Boat Ride is a guided historic walking tour which begins at the ticket office, located in downtown Lockport, NY at 5 Gooding Street next to the Pine Street bridge overlooking the Erie Canal and Lockport Locks.
- The Boat Ride is included as part of the Cave Tour and cannot be taken alone.
- Our Tour is not handicapped accessible.
- The Tour includes roughly 70 stairs with 3 landings.
- The Tour is guided at a leisurely stop and go pace lasting approximately 70 minutes.
- Walking shoes are recommended.
- Strollers cannot be used underground.
- Animals are not allowed on the tour.
- We are a non-smoking facility.
- Group rates are available for 20 or more.*
- School Tours of the Lockport Cave and the Erie Canal Lockport Locks can be custom designed to meet the needs of your class.*
* Please call the cave office at 716.438.0174 for more details.
Q. What dates are you open for tours?
A. Check our Schedules & Pricing page for the answer.
Q. Is the Tour Handicapped Accessible? Is the Boat Ride a separate part of the tour? How much walking is there?
A. See Info. section above.
Q. Can I make a reservation online?
A. Of course! Online reservations secure your tour date and time well in advance.
Q. Will the tour I want be available when I get there, or should I make a reservation online?
A. Because we accommodate walk-ins on a first come basis it is impossible to know whether a particular tour will be sold out or not. Checking the reservation system for tour availability is not recommended as it doesn’t update walk-ins in real time.
Q. How long does it take to get there?
A. Directions to our location can be found by clicking “Get Directions” on the map below.