Listed on the National Register of Historic Places ~ 1975
The Lockport Cave & Underground Boat Ride is a guided historic walking tour which begins at the ticket office, located in downtown Lockport, NY at 5 Gooding Street next to the Pine Street bridge overlooking the Erie Canal and Lockport Locks.
- The Boat Ride is included as part of the Cave Tour and cannot be taken alone.
- Our Tour is not handicapped accessible.
- The Tour includes roughly 70 stairs with 3 landings.
- The Tour is guided at a leisurely stop and go pace lasting approximately 70 minutes.
- Walking shoes are recommended.
- Animals are not allowed on the tour.
- Group rates are available for 20 or more.*
- School Tours of the Lockport Cave and the Erie Canal Lockport Locks can be custom designed to meet the needs of your class.*
* Please call the cave office at 716.438.0174 or use our contact page for more details.
Q. What dates are you open for tours?
A. Check our Schedules & Pricing page for the answer.
Q. Is the Tour Handicapped Accessible? Is the Boat Ride a separate part of the tour? How much walking is there?
A. See Info. section above.
Q. Can I make a reservation online?
A. Of course! Online reservations secure your tour date and time well in advance.
Q. Will the tour I want be available when I get there, or should I make a reservation online?
A. Because we accommodate walk-ins on a first come basis it is impossible to know whether a particular tour will be sold out or not. Checking the reservation system for tour availability is not recommended as it doesn’t update walk-ins in real time.
Q. Will you be having the Halloween tours this year?
A. Check our Haunted Cave Lantern Tours page.
Q. How long does it take to get there?
A. Directions to our location can be found by clicking on the address below.